March 5, 2013

Swim Stroke & Efficiency Clinic

Swimming has been my weakest and most angst ridden leg of my triathlons.  I don't feel comfortable, I'm really slow, and it wears me out.  I had an opportunity to get into a swim stroke and efficiency clinic.  It's two sessions over two Sunday mornings.  It's been great.  I've been able to learn proper technique, better form, and a lot of drills to help it all be more routine.  I'm beginning to feel more comfortable and confident.  Like I might look like I know what I'm doing.  If you have the opportunity to take a clinic like this, it's totally worth it.  I never realized how much technique was so fundamental to swimming.  I made the mistake that I think a lot of triathletes do, that I could just power through the swim like I do on bike and the run.  That my physical strength would make up for bad technique or form.  While that can be the case on the bike and run, I'm learning that is definitely not true on the swim.  I'm so glad I'm doing this.  It's been a big breakthrough that I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment