March 24, 2013

Rosedale Ride

To ramp up my training on the bike, I participated in an organized ride that I've done a number of times preparing for the MS150.  The Roesdale Ride is a great organized rid that benefits the Roesdale school here in Austin.  It's got distances of 26, 42, and 62 miles.  In the past I've done the 62, preparing for the MS 150.  This year, I decided I'd do the 42 and see if I could do the whole thing without stopping.

It was a great ride.  A little hot and windy, especially when we got into the open farm country.  I had a pretty good ride and was able to maintain a pretty good pace throughout.  I had to stop at the last rest stop, about mile 33.  I had run out of water and nutrition and had to pee.  Interestingly, I saw my boss from 12 years ago at the rest stop.  The company I worked for then was sponsoring it and he was volunteering.

Overall, it was great ride and I felt pretty good about it.  A good experience and I think it's got me prepared to start the season.  I've got my first Olympic triathlon coming up in less than a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment