February 20, 2013

Planning the Triathlon Season

Now that I've finished my marathons, I'm ready to start up with my first full season of triathlon.  After completing my fist sprint at TriRock Austin last year, I've got the bug.  I'm hooked and want to do as many triathlons as I can this year.  I'd like to keep pushing the distances and lead up to my first half-Ironman by the end of the year.  So, here is the tentative season I have planned:


  • Kemah Triathlon - April (my first Olympic distance)
  • Lake Pflugerville Triathlon - June (Sprint)
  • Marble Falls Triathlon - July (quasi-Olympic)
  • Jack's Generic Triathlon - August (Olympic)
  • TriRock Austin - September (Olympic)
  • Ironman Austin 70.3 - October (Half-Ironman)
  • Dallas Marathon - December

That's the plan at least.  It's a full plate but I think I can do it.  I really want to do it.  I guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment